It is a temporary employment contract, mainly associated with the execution of the SPACEPORT project, giving complementary support to the projects of the program that they comprise.
The project “PLOCAN SPACEPORT – CONCEPTUAL ENGINEERING OF A FLOATING INFRASTRUCTURE PROTOTYPE FOR THE LAUNCH OF MICROSATELLITES / MINISATELLITES IN THE MARITIME AREA OF THE CANARY ISLANDS. CONCEPT MODELS, FEASIBILITY STUDIES AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT” has been selected for co-financing through FEDER Funds of the Pluriregional Operational Program of Spain 2014-2020, for the benefit of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands, within the framework of the call for “Scientific-Technological Initiatives in the public sphere for the strengthening of R+D+I Institutions and Infrastructures ”. Work is underway to sign the corresponding agreement between the CDTI and PLOCAN, this being the milestone that will allow the contract of the selected applicant to be formalized through this selection process.
What will your duties be?
The position offered as Scientist / Technologist is defined as staff dedicated to scientific and technical tasks. It is a job integrated into the organic structure of the Consortium. It is assigned to one area or several, on a permanent or temporary basis. It fundamentally requires mastery of the set of knowledge and techniques related to the functions to be developed and that require demonstrated professional training, as well as the management and coordination of small work groups. Likewise, it carries with it the need for a medium degree of proven and concrete experience / specialization, and that it has a delegated and limited decision-making capacity.
The purpose of the Project is to establish the viability of an infrastructure for launching micro and mini satellites from the maritime area of the Canary Islands based on the requirements of launchers under development in Europe in general, and in Spain in particular. These launchers are initially oriented to the national and international market for a payload of up to 500 kg in weight, approximately.
The person hired must (supervised by the person in charge assigned by PLOCAN) perform all the tasks and functions of their category (Scientist / Technologist), pertinent to finalize the project and meet its objectives on time.
He/She will contribute to the implementation, execution, control and completion of the aforementioned project, and to its integration, coordination and promotion with the projects of the program and plan of which they are part. He/She must ensure its consistency with the strategy, acquired commitments and objectives to be achieved by PLOCAN in the project.
He/She must also assume the scientific, technical and administrative contribution for the adequate execution of the aforementioned project, performing tasks that include, among others:
- Manage and supervise the scientific part of the work to be carried out.
- Review the documentation received.
- Participate in making scientific decisions regarding issues related to the object of the project.
- Respond to the Scientific Responsible of the Project.
- Coordinate the agenda of scientific meetings during the project.
- Collaborate in all those other activities that arise from the assigned execution and management activity, and sporadically in all those other activities that arise from the organization’s activity.
What kind of profile are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A MECES (Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education) level 3 Engineering Degree: Industrial, Telecommunications and/or Aerospace (MANDATORY). A MECES 4 / Doctorate in engineering related above, in order to work together with a scientific team from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, will be valued.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in scientific-technical management and/or execution in national and European projects related to engineering, in writing and reviewing articles and scientific reports and in presenting technical reports and articles at national and international meetings and congresses (MANDATORY). Experience, at least 2 months, in development and operation of measurement and computer instrumentation systems (sensors, autonomous platforms, etc.) in the field of telecommunication, aeronautical and / or aerospace sciences and technologies; work carried out in companies related to the maritime sector; and experience in national and international reference centres related to technology and engineering will be valued.
- A medium level on basic office management software (Excel, WORD, Power Point, LaTeX) (MANDATORY). Knowledge of programming languages (C, C ++, Python, Matlab) will be valued.
- An English level B1 (COMPULSORY). A higher English level and / or other languages with a level equal to or higher than B1 and proven experience in writing scientific-technical documents in English will be valued.
- Driving licence (MANDATORY) due to the need to enhance specific transfers between PLOCAN and the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (PLOCAN) where the technical supervision of the Spaceport project will be carried out.
- Availability to travel (MANDATORY) nationally and abroad, being able to require stays of more than one month.
- Certification in the integrated management of scientific-technical projects, specific and highly qualified technical certification applied to engineering or marine sciences and availability for immediate incorporation will be valued.
What do we offer?
- Immediate incorporation.
- Temporary employment contract for work or service as a full-time SCIENTIST / TECHNOLOGIST (hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) for an approximate period of 17 months. Subject to a trial period.
- Salary according to value and budget availability of the projects.
Do you want to work with us?
You can register:
- Through the website of the Canary Islands Employment Service.
- If you meet the requirements, you can also send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLOCAN is an essential initiative for the Canary Islands Government’s strategy in research, development and innovation (R&D); at the service of both the state and the international scientific and technological community. PLOCAN is included in the European coordination and collaboration actions in the marine-maritime field and Blue Growth.
Since 2009, the public consortium PLOCAN, created by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and the Government of the Canary Islands, has captured more than 80 projects, which have involved almost a thousand partners from 49 countries and around 1,500 researchers.