The onshore site includes 400 m2 of workshops equipped for electronics and mechanical integration, repair, storage and logistics; laboratories, including a wet laboratory with a salt water tank, a control room for piloting marine vehicles and related subjects, as well as spaces to support scientific activity.
- Chemical laboratories: With equipment to analyse oceanographic samples of oxygen, nutrients, chlorophyll, salinity, etc., and with spaces for courses. It has freezers for storing samples at -20ºC and -60ºC.
- Laboratories (dry and wet): Preparation, maintenance and preliminary testing of gliders, ROVs and ASVs; workshops; dedicated control room for testing, trials and repairs.
- Operational room: For real-time monitoring and control of operations through the visualisation of images and data generated by the platforms and devices. Also available for highly specialised training courses.
- CDTIC – ICT Demonstration Centre: It has desktop and laptop computers, demonstration room with projection equipment, satellite communications system, radio, work room with digital whiteboard and projector with connection to servers for demonstrations, among others.
- Technical ship: Preparation, adaptation and preliminary tests of different elements for testing and taking measurements at sea (e.g. marine renewables, meteo-oceanographic buoys, sensors, moorings, etc.). Also available for training courses.
- Jetty and access to confined waters in the port of Taliarte: Jetty of 60 metres (L) x 4 metres (W). and confined waters for the testing of unique scientific-technical elements, of elements prior to their installation in the open sea or of those that are not yet sufficiently developed to do so.
- Vessels: Two vessels are available to provide logistical support to operations at sea:
PLOCAN 1 – 12m fibreglass boat for 12 persons. Maximum speed: 45 knots.
PLOCAN 2 – 5m semi-rigid boat for 5 persons. Maximum speed: 40 knots.